Wednesday, September 7, 2011

16+ months

Wow...so Cole is 16 months now! He had his 15 month visit over a month ago and weighed in at 27 lbs 15 oz. (88 percentile) and was 34 inches long (99 percentile)! Everyone that meets Cole thinks he's at least two. He's my little brute.

Cole's first and only word is truck. Everything is a truck. No mama, no dada, just truck.  I guess he has his priorities... His pediatrician said that normally by 15 months kids have about 3-6 words, but he said he would count Cole's sign language as words so we have no, milk, more, please, all done and truck - so that's six! He was also impressed that Cole can stack legos at this age. He said usually block stacking comes at about 18 months.

Playing with legos...

I'm really loving this age because he's understanding so much now. I think he pretty much understands everything I say, whether he chooses to listen or not is a different story. He's still totally crazy with energy and constantly moving but sometimes he'll chill out and sit on my lap for 5-10 minutes. It's nice... and I'll take it :)

Here are some of the things Cole has figured out in the last couple months:

-Turning the lights on and off. Well, he can turn just about anything with a button on or off.
-He can also unscrew just about any cap. He loves putting lids on things and he knows which lids go with what.
-The power of the remote. He's always has a small obsession with the remote, but now if he doesn't like what's on the TV, he brings the remote to you! And if you don't change it, he just starts pushing buttons and watches the TV to see what happens.
-He has tons and tons of little cars and trucks. Lately I've noticed he'll pull out all of the cars or trucks that came in the same set and just play with those. Right now he loves to line them up and push them all together like a train.

Cole has also picked up some funny habits...

Cole does this funny thing after he takes a drink. I think he learned it from daddy. Just the aww... part, not all that other stuff afterwards.


 Cole has also picked up a fakey laugh, which I have no idea where he got it from.

Here are some pics of what Cole has been up to...

At the park on National Springbok Fan Day (or something like that?)
 
At another park with Tutu
  
At the beach with his buddy Edward.
 
Pushing the pink stroller with the girls...maybe he's smarter than I think...
 
At the beach on a super sunny day
 
At the beach with Reecia (Catrie's daughter - 2)


Another day at the beach. Cole likes to feed people his food. He's sharing his cookies with Lucy.
 
...three of them
 
For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to share my ice cream bar with Cole. He really liked it!
  
...until I wanted it back

See, he does chill every once in a while.


At Feather Acres Farm with moms group
  
Fun in the backyard!

Playing with trains at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in Balboa Park.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren! He is getting so big! And smart to boot! Congratulations on raising such a good boy!

    ReplyDelete