Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2011 Koga Family Reunion - Palm Springs

Last week we had our annual Koga Family Reunion. SO MUCH FUN! We rented this cool house in Palm Springs and just hung out at the pool, played games, ate tons of good food and did puzzles all weekend. I just love our family. I mean seriously, what other family would have paper airplane flying contests, make their own IRON CHEF competition and play pin the tail on the donkey all to win a coveted KUP made out of an old coffee maker??

I think Cole was a little overwhelmed with so many people around. He was a little clingy and didn't sleep very well. It was kinda nice though because on 3 of the 4 nights we brought him into our bed when he woke up in the middle of the night and he actually fell asleep. Cole has never been a cuddler and he has NEVER felt comfortable falling asleep lying next to us. So it was kind of nice to have him sleep next to me even though we were getting up in the middle of the night and waking up super early. I hardly took any pictures but here is what I have...

Cole with cousin Maya

Apples to Apples - seriously one of my favorite games!
(Auntie Cheryl, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Curt, Mom)


Cole playing with Great Grandpa

Puzzle 1 completed.

Iron Chef Koga - Brother vs. Brother
Secret ingredient: OPO??

The winning team (Dad and Tommy)

The close runners up (Uncle Curt and Bobby)

In 60 seconds, blow the cotton balls into the cups that are laying down, then bounce the ping pong balls into the other cups - AWESOME GAME! Dad apparently finished on time.

Cole getting help down the step from cousin Kalia

Grandma and Grandpa with grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Grrr... I mean this year's Koga Kup winner. Congratulations Tommy!

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Ben and Auntie Midori

Auntie Midori, Uncle Ben and Jan

Puzzle 2 completed...just in time to check-out


On a different note... my goodness do the diapers pails stink!! Last year around this time when it was hot, I was still nursing Cole and he was not eating solid foods. I think you get the picture...

Anyways, speaking of solid foods, here are some latest pics of Cole eating.

Yogurt!
 
Rice, Chicken and Broccoli!

Homemade raspberry popsicles!
 
OK, maybe raspberries wasn't the wisest choice...

I'm still relatively new at this... lesson learned.

So we've had this toy for almost a year now. When Cole was really little the dashboard came off and we put it on the floor for him to play with. But it's been a little scooter for at least 7 or 8 months now. And Cole has finally figured out that he can sit on it. Needless to say, he's pretty stoked on his new toy.





No comments:

Post a Comment