| 1 day old |
| tiniest feet ever! |
Even though having two kids is way more crazy than having just one, being a mother the second time around is so much less stressful. I'm really able to relax and enjoy it vs. living in fear and constant self doubt. Stella is definitely lucky that she didn't have to deal with me the first time around. I don't even think I left the house alone with Cole until he was a few months old. By 3 weeks, Stella had already gone to Legoland, Sealife Aquarium, the park, a birthday party and more!
| Stella's first trip to the park. |
| Cole on the swing - still a fav! |
| Stella and Cole at Sealife Aquarium |
![]() |
| Sea horses which Cole just calls horses with a slight lisp. |
| Helicopter ride at Legoland |
| Stella at Legoland. She had a blast! |
Cole is adjusting well to big brotherhood. I was really worried about it. I went through a period where I felt really guilty about how Cole was going to adjust and thinking he wouldn't understand. But it was really all in my own head, and one day he won't even remember life without Stella. He did have a rough time at first though and basically ignored me for a few days. But I think it's because he didn't understand what was going on even though I had been talking a lot about baby sister Stella.We just left in a rush early one morning and then I didn't come back for a few days. And when we did, we had Stella. Even when he visited in the hospital he didn't want to come over to me. I should have known he might have been a little confused when I asked him where the baby was and he pointed to his own stomach. But we are back to normal life + Stella. He has been very gentle with her. At first he would just poke her feet and he thought it was funny. But now he will gently rub her stomach or arm. It's very cute. Sometimes I leave them alone for a few minutes to change the laundry or go to the bathroom or something. When I come back, Cole will be sitting at the foot of her swing smiling like he just got caught doing something bad. Sometimes I catch him reaching his arms towards her like he's going to pick her up but pulls away when she stirs. I think he just wants to pick her up like the rest of us do. He was so excited when her pacifier fell out yesterday and he got to put it back in her mouth. He's a good big brother already :)

No comments:
Post a Comment