Tuesday, July 26, 2011

June 2011

Well, Cole and I have been super busy since we got back from our trip (I guess that was almost 2 months ago now so I'm a little behind...). But we've been meeting with our moms group a lot and Cole started swim lessons. We did some fun stuff with Lucy and Hugh before they left for the summer and Vere was gone 14 days in June so Cole had a lot of mommy time :)


Cole is really starting to communicate and understand stuff! Here are some funny things Cole has been doing...
  • I guess whenever I ask Cole where something is I put my hands up and out, like "where is your milk?" Well, Cole uses this hand gesture all the time now -when he drops something, when he can't find something, when he wants something he can't reach, up and out go his hands. It's getting a little out of control...  
  • He has also mastered the sign language for milk and more. Sometimes he uses the more sign when he just wants a snack. But I still think it's pretty good.
  • Whenever Cole hears an airplane, he stops whatever he's doing and puts both his arms up and looks up to the sky.  
  • We also bought Cole this remote control car. He doesn't use it yet but likes us to drive it around. When he wants to play with it, he gets both the car and the remote, hands the remote to me and puts the car on the tile since it doesn't move on the carpet! He seriously amazes me!

 OK maybe I've created a little bit of a monster with this "where is it?" thing...

Here are some pics from June...

Strawberry Fields with moms group. It's funny because Cole is always destroying any plant life that he comes into contact with. And here he had an opportunity to pick strawberries and he wasn't that into it.

More strawberries...

Fiesta del Sol in Solana Beach with Lucy and Hugh
 
Lucy was brave and went on this ride twice by herself. I circled her so you can see her.
 
Cole wanting to go in the bouncy castle with the big kids.
 
Us at Fiesta del Sol

Legoland. Cole was trying to save Lucy and Hugh from the castle lock-up.

Dare devil Lucy climbing the burning building at Legoland.

Cole playing with legos in Duplo playtown.

Part I: This was funny. Vere, Lucy and Hugh did this competition at Legoland where they competed against 3 other teams to race across to the burning building, squirt water on it and then race back. They are the second truck (white) from the front. 


Part II: Apparently there is a lever that has to be pushed in order for the truck to move when you pump it. But in all the excitement, Hugh neglected to push it all the way.  It's been over month now so I think Vere may finally be getting over the loss...

Sealife Aquarium at Legoland (Lucy, Hugh, Cole and Vere)

Hugh inside one of the aquariums.

Lucy petting star fish.

Cole and me at swim lessons.

Some other funny pics/video of Cole...


Cole with a piece of macaroni on his head. I was mad at him because he wouldn't eat the mac n cheese or drink out of the new sippy cup. So I didn't tell him he had food on his head.

At pool party with moms group.

I was getting ready in the morning when I found Cole like this. Those are Vere's boxers from the dirty laundry pile. And I've found him like this 2 more times since.
 Cole has also been working hard to use a spoon...although he hasn't quite mastered the technique yet.


About 10 minutes later...


No comments:

Post a Comment