Monday, June 6, 2011

The Big ONE!

I have some serious catching up to do... 

So Cole turned ONE on April 29th! I really can't believe a year has passed already. We have both changed SO much. I remember being so excited when Cole realized that there was a ball lying next to him. Or when he finally figured out how to roll over. Now he's opening doors and cupboards and pulling things out. The other day I picked up a ball and he went into the kitchen to get the other one just like it that he had left there earlier. Yesterday I asked him where he put his bottle and he went and got it and brought it back to me. It's crazy! And a year ago, I was scared to leave the safety of the hospital and bring him home after he was born. And after we brought him home, I was scared to take him out of the house just to go to the store. It really amazing how much change can take place in one year.

We didn't have a big party or anything because let's face it, how could we possibly compete with the Royal Wedding? Honestly, things were just so hectic. I had a million things to do before we left for our big trip so we decided to just do a family celebration for his first birthday and I made sure I planned something fun for him each day the week of his birthday. The weekend before his birthday, Tutu and Grandpa came down. I made cupcakes and Tutu made cookies and we had his "first" 1st birthday celebration. We also went to see Bobby and Chelsey's Taiko group perform for a benefit for Japan.


1st Birthday Celebration - #1.
Of course as soon as I put the cupcakes in front of Cole he grabbed for them so one of the cupcakes didn't make it through the attack.
 
Yummy cookies that Tutu made for Cole.

First bite of cupcake. He actually didn't really like it and didn't eat anymore after that.

San Diego Taiko (Chelsey left and Bobby second to right)


What's that noise!?!?
I wasn't sure how Cole was going to feel about the loud drums but he was totally into it. 

Playing in the tunnel/tent set he got from Tutu and Grandpa for his bday.

He really loves this thing!

Everyone likes to play in it...

The scene: Cole was taking a nap, my Mom was on her iPhone and Vere and Dad were on iPads. And I was feeling very neglected...so I took a picture with my iPhone. We are Apple's perfect family :)

The next week was busy with activities I had planned for Cole's birthday week. I enrolled him in 2 classes at this baby/kids gym called JW Tumblers which he liked. Then, we visited the Flower Fields with our moms group and had lunch with Nissa.


Us at the Flower Fields. I just kept him in the ergo the entire time. There was too much potential for destruction.

Cole and Nissa

Finally it was Cole's actual birthday! Vere had been traveling all week so he planned on taking the day off for the Royal Wedding... I mean Cole's birthday... 

Cole started the morning opening up his presents and playing with his new toys.
Here is his truck book from Auntie KC, Uncle Erik, Kalia and Maya - thanks guys!
  
The wrapping paper was the best part of course.

And the packaging...
 
Then we were off to Seagrove Park

Swinging with daddy!
Beach with mommy!

Birthday lunch of fruit and snacks - his favorite!

Cole watching Vere add the finishing touches to the cupcakes :)


1st Birthday Celebration - #2.  

Other cute pics of Cole...

Sporting his new shark towel from Bobby and Chelsey - thanks guys!

And finally able to fit into this cute onesie from Kimber - thanks Kimber!
Here are some of the Easter pics I got back from the photographer...





No comments:

Post a Comment