| Even though Cole has a ton of toys, the empty water bottle is one of his favs! |
Cole has been eating rice cereal successfully everyday for the last 2-3 weeks. Although lately he's realized that he's wearing a bib and is sometimes more interested in putting that in his mouth than eating. And since his appetite has grown, he's also been drinking a few ounces of formula a few times a day. He's funny because he has to have his hands on the bottle like he's holding it but he's constantly putting pressure down and away from his face. It sometimes turns into an arm wrestling match trying to keep the bottle in the right position...he is freakishly strong for a baby!
| Rice Cereal - Round 2... a success! |
It has been so amazing to watch him grow. You can totally see that he's really starting to think and is beginning to turn into a clever little boy. For instance, since he is still not rolling over from front to back consistently, we still have to go into his room when he lands on his tummy and doesn't want to be. But when we watch on the monitor, we've noticed that he'll let out a few cries, then stop and try to look over the crib towards the door, then he'll let out a few more cries. He does it over and over until we go in there like he's looking for us and wondering why we're not in there yet! He also loves the remote - he always has his eye on it. I even bought him a toy remote that I point at the TV several times a day. But he is not fooled and still wants to play with the real one!
This is not the most exciting video in the world. But it is so amazing what he's doing! He has been moving these little rings up and across on his activity center. I am seriously so proud of him!
I have decided not to obsess about his sleep anymore. I've come to terms with the fact that it may never be perfect and I may never get a solid 8 hours again. Some nights are great and they seem to come just in time before I go crazy because it hasn't been so great. Here are some funny things about Cole and his sleep:
- When he gets tired, he grabs a handful of the hair on the top of his head and pulls. He does it over and over again and for some reason it doesn't really bother him even though it hurts me when he pulls my hair.
- As soon as I put Cole in his crib to go to sleep for bedtime or naps, he always closes his eyes, turns his head to one side and covers his face with one arm.
- He is still sleeping with his feet up at some point almost every night.
I am sad to say that we're saying goodbye to the faux hawk and hello to the comb over. The cute hair that Cole was born with that gave him a natural faux hawk is now more than twice as long as the rest of his hair and is starting to fall over. And since the hair underneath is not as thick or long, he sometimes looks like he has a comb over. I'm debating on whether or not to give him a hair cut...
A couple weeks ago on October 3, we celebrated Lucy's 9th birthday...
| Lucy with cake |
| Opening presents! |
| Here are the cookies I made for Lucy to take to her softball game she had on her birthday. (Thanks mom for the recipe and icing supplies!) |
Last weekend it was actually hot in San Diego and we went to the beach. This time is was much easier with Cole because he could lay on a towel and play with toys. Last time we went to the beach all he could do was lay on his back and move his arms and legs.
| me and C |
| C and V |
| He was having a good time. |
Some other pics of Cole...
| Wearing his new beanie on a rainy day |
| He still likes pulling the diapers out...he really out did himself this time! |
| Reading... |
| Playing with Vere's iPad already! Cole is going to be part of this new technology generation...it's crazy. |
| Hanging out in his pjs. |
| Glad that daddy came home from work early! |
Cole is the cutest. Cannot wait to see my little nephew, seriously having a love fit right now. Oh Cole- gonna eat you up! Come to Maui now!
ReplyDeleteAuntie KC
Hey Lauren - I honestly believe Cole is "boy genius"! Although I may be somewhat biased, he is so beyond his months! ;) He really seems so aware of his environment. What a QT! Hugs to one and all! Love, Aunty C
ReplyDelete